Upcoming School Events
Monday, October 11-22 – Smarter Balanced Assessment State Testing for grades 4th – 7th
Wednesday, October 20 – Unity Day
Friday, October 22 – 12:00 pm Early Release
Monday, October 25 – Picture Retakes
Monday-Friday, October 25-29 – 12:00 pm Early Release – Conference Week
Tuesday, October 26 – 6:30 pm Board Meeting – Audience may attend virtually. Board Meeting Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4434525334
Thursday, November 11 – No School – Veteran’s Day
Wednesday, November 24 – 12:00 pm Early Release
Thursday-Friday, November 25-26 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
- If your child is showing symptoms of a cold or flu (runny nose, coughing, fever, nausea, vomiting or other Covid-19 symptoms) please keep them at home and don’t forget to contact the school. Please click the Link to see the Symptom Decision Tree: Symptom Decision Tree PDF
- This year we are requiring daily health checks and monthly signed health attestations. If not already done, please complete October’s monthly health attestation.
- In order to maintain current records and optimize enrollment sizes in our K-7 classrooms, we are requiring all in-district families to provide proof of residency this year. Verification can be emailed, faxed or brought into school via your student, or shown to our office staff. Examples—utility bill issued within the past 3 months, or driver’s license. The verification process needs to be completed by the end of September.
- Afternoon pickup lines are moving faster. However, if you decide to park and walk over to pick up your student please consider use the gravel parking lot next to the playfield rather than the upper lot. We need to have a clear view of whom we safely handoff students to. Thank you to all parents who have submitted ideas for safer and orderly traffic flow. Please contact us if you have further questions or ideas to improve our traffic flow.
- If you planning an extended day family trip please notify the school in writing at least 10 days before your trip as per our student handbook. This allows teachers time to prepare appropriate lessons for the absence.
- STUDENT CONFERENCES— out of an abundance of caution Fall Parent-Teacher conferences will again be virtual, unless otherwise notified. Teachers will be sending out sign-up information shortly.
- Our school currently has an Educational Assistant Vacancy posted on our website. We are also recruiting substitute bus drivers. Training available.
Thank you for your partnership!
Paul Wieneke, Superintendent
Robie Spaulding, School Administrator
Middle School Open House Video Links:
Vision & Mission
Welcome to Southside School District- Best School Around. Celebrating 116 Years This Year!
“The mission statement of the Southside School District, as a small, community-centered school, is to inspire lifelong learning and to empower students of all ages to become knowledgeable, contributing citizens by meeting the diverse needs of the whole person in a safe and nurturing environment.”